Inspiring. Writing is good for your brain in delaying dementia, as well as being good therapy. Writing for me includes evolving toward greater self-actualization , providing news, and sometimes acting as a mentor. I’m active on Twitter & some other social media sites.
I have written about why I write, but today I saw that it is not about why, but the need to write. I have all kinds of reasons to satisfy why I write, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I NEED to write.
I need to write because:
- I am alive
- It is typically the only way that my voice gets heard
- A therapist is too expensive, but writing is free and in my world, I need all the therapy I can get
- The thoughts in my head deserve to live on paper. They are precious and as unique as me. I owe it to them to get them on the page
- Life is confusing and it doesn’t make sense until I write
- One day I will not be here, but my writing will
- No one else has my life so I must share it
- When I don’t…
View original post 47 more words