Rising oceans threaten to submerge 128 military bases: report
1. <a href="https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2016/07/29/rising-oceans-threaten-to-submerge-128-military-bases-report/
Hurricane Isabel flooded classrooms and laboratories at the Naval Academy in 2013. A new report warns that Annapolis and 17 other military bases could contend with hundreds of floods a year by 2100. Photo Credit: Matt Houston/AP Sixteen of the installations studied would experience more than 100 floods every year and low-lying areas underwater for 10 to 25 percent of the year, the study found. Three installations would lose 10 percent of their land in the “intermediate” scenario and 25 percent in the “highest.”
The Navy installations on track for daily flooding are:
• Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Maine.
• The Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
• Naval Support Facility Anacostia in Washington, DC.
• Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC.
• Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.
• Naval Air Station Oceana/Dam Neck Annex, Virginia.
• Naval Station Mayport, Florida.
• Naval Air Station Key West, Florida.
• Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia.
The other branches’ bases at similar risks to daily flooding:
• Coast Guard Station Sandy Hook, New Jersey.
• Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, DC.
• Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
• Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
• Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina.
• Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, South Carolina.
To fund border wall, Trump administration weighs cuts to Coast Guard, airport security
2. <a href="https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/to-fund-border-wall-trump-administration-weighs-cuts-to-coast-guard-airport-security/2017/03/07/ba4a8e5c-036f-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html
U.S. Coast Guard Seized Record Amount of Drugs in 2016
3. <a href="http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-coast-guard-seized-record-amount-drugs-2016-19591
Cartels are using these ‘narco-submarines’ to move tens of thousands of pounds of drugs at a time
4. <a href="http://www.businessinsider.com/cartel-narco-submarines-2016-9
“According to a US Foreign Military Studies Office (FMSO) report on narco submarines citing Drug Enforcement Administration statistics, 80% of drugs smuggled into the US in 2012 came from maritime routes. And 30% of the drugs that arrived in the US by sea were conducted via narco submarines.”
5. National Climate Assessment
6. Every Map Of Louisiana Is A Lie — What It Really Looks Like Should Scare You
Go to http://www.bestplaces.net for Violent & Property Crime Rates—
based on FBI data:
USA avg. V—31.1, P—38.1.
TX avg. V—32.9, P—45.5
Tyler V—43.6, P—59.1
RIO GRANDE CITIES
El Paso V-35.4, P-37.5
Laredo V-37.4, P-57.5
Hidalgo V-14.9, P-19.6
Edinburg V-29.4, P-69.9
Brownsville V-23.5, P-59.5
7. Turmoil in Mexico’s criminal underworld is intensifying the violence in a valuable border territory
http://www.businessinsider.com/cartel-gang-violence-in-reynosa-nuevo-laredo-matamoros-mexico-border-2017-6 The State of Tamaulipas is the most dangerous in Mexico.