Pew Poll: 59% of Americans Oppose US-Mexico Wall, by Sandy Fitzgerald http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/pew-poll-americans-oppose/2016/04/02/id/721972/#comment-2673685684
The poll of 2,254 adults, conducted March 17-27, found:
- 59 percent overall oppose the wall
- 38 percent overall support it
- 67 percent of Republicans approve it
- 86 percent of Democrats oppose it
GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump has centered much of his campaign agenda around building a strong wall between the countries, and the poll reveals that most of his supporters back that plan:
- 84 percent of Donald Trump’s supporters favor a wall;
- 64 percent of Ted Cruz’s supporters want a wall and 42 percent do not;
- 53 percent of John Kasich’s supporters oppose a wall and 45 percent approve of one.
- 91 percent of Bernie Sanders’ voters oppose it;
- 83 percent of Hillary Clinton’s supporters oppose a wall.
“I am opposed to The Wall & forcing Mexico to pay for it. Why risk another war, let alone with our neighbor? We’re major trading partners. More migrants move to Mexico rather than the US for several years–often returning home. The U.S. needs to speed up the process for legal status, especially agriculture workers…….. The braceros program (1942-1964) was a guest worker program that freed countless Americans to battle the Axis in WW II. Cinco de Mayo, aka. The Battle of Puebla, was a surprise defeat of France by Mexico in 1862. It marked the end of France financing the Confederacy!……… Furthermore, we have water treaties between the U.S. & Mexico, concerning the Colorado & Rio Grande Rivers–mostly from 1944………. Mass deportation would be very expensive, not fiscally conservative. How would the round-up be conducted? Would paratroopers drop into taquerias, Mexican grocery stores, and K-12 school parking lots that have a large ESOL population? Don’t make the USA Neo-Fascist!” by J.D. Meyer