Resident of Midtown (Hospital District) near Stanley’s Bar-B-Q
1. Which bus lines are closest to you?
2. Where are they?
3. Where are the “least distant” bus stops of different lines?
4. Is Bergfeld Shopping Center the closest Yellow Line stop for you?
5. Is the Downtown Transit Depot the closest place for you to access ….
A. Blue North
B. Green North
C. Purple South
6. Where are your favorite bus stops used by three lines, aside from the two hubs.
7. Where would you like to see a bike rack?
1. Purple North, Purple South, Green North.
2. The closest Purple North stop is on East Houston at Donnybrook, while the closest Purple South stop is at Austin State Bank near the SW corner of S. Beckham and E. Houston–across from Trinity Mother Frances. The nearest Green North bus stops are on S. Beckham at Trinity Mother Frances, directly across from Austin State Bank and on S. Beckham just south of E. Front. That Green North bus stop at the SE corner of Beckham & E. Front is less surrounded by traffic than the earlier stop by TMF.
3. The closest Blue SW southbound stop used to be the one across from PATH on W. Front, a 15 minute walk. Now there’s a Blue SW southbound stop next to the new parking garage on S. Broadway between E. Front and Elm. The nearest Green South bus stop for me is on Fleishel & E. Houston, just past “Heartbreak Hill.” The closest Red North bus stop is at S. Broadway–just north of E. Houston. The closest Yellow stop is at its northernmost point in Bergfeld Shopping Center. The closest Red South bus stop is at the SW corner of S. Broadway & E. Front in front of the Catholic cathedral.
4. Yes, the Bergfeld Center hub is the closest Yellow Line stop for me.
5. A. No, the closest Blue North stop for me is across from the new parking garage between Front and Erwin next to the furniture store with all the bean bags, near the abandoned skyscraper.
B. No, I live very close to Green North bus stops because it serves the East side of Tyler, and I live in Midtown (East). C. No, I live in Midtown (The Hospital District), so three Purple line stops are very close to me.
6. Blue SW Northbound, Purple North, and Red North have a stop on N. Broadway across from the new Fair Parking Garage by the old furniture store with all the beanbags.
7. Both hubs, Downtown by the train museum and the Bergfeld Shopping Center, should have bike racks. I’d like to see a bike rack next to D&N in North Tyler on Bow ST near Neighborhood Services and a Green South stop at W. Gentry and Palace. Finally, I’d like to see a bike rack at the Downtown Square.